The rules of reality say the Bumble Bee shouldn't be able to fly...some rules were meant to be broken.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

MORE CRAFTS WITH SCRAPS

I had some fun attaching new covers to old books with fabric recently.  I thought I would try to apply the same ideas to a removable book cover.  My beat up, old Bible cover was pretty sad after more than 10 years of use. 


I grabbed of few of my fabric pieces and played around with the idea.  After a few mistakes I had managed to pull something together, although it was pretty rough.  Some stitches had to be pulled out, and I laughed at myself a few times for how stupidly I was thinking.   However, once complete I was able to take the cover and some measurements as well to determine how to calculate everything for the next attempt.

Plus 2" inches here, plus 1 1/2" there.  Add a little zig-zag stitching...oooo, oooo, lets throw some jewelry and beads into the mix.  If you have been reading any of my blog you know I love to add beads.  Beads, beads, beads, la, la, la...

Ok, back to reality, my dear. 

This cover is pretty simple to make.  I would consider myself and Intermediate sewer, thanks only to my Sewing Goddess Mother.  This project took about 2 hours.  I think I'll try putting a few more together for my store and see if they sell.

I'll be putting an e-book together for this one.  Post a comment if you would like a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...