The rules of reality say the Bumble Bee shouldn't be able to fly...some rules were meant to be broken.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Decorative Tassel

Think outside the box.  Isn't that how the saying goes.  Don't limit yourself, be flexible and you'll be surprised what you can create.

I wanted to dress up my cheap IKEA chairs so I decided to try a little bead work on them.  No, I didn't glue any beads onto the chairs, I pulled together some of my jewelry supplies and started laying some ideas out.  Here is what I came up with...


I LOVE it!  It gives just the tiniest little punch to the chair.  You can use this idea on almost any kind of dining chair.  But wait, there's more.  Why limit it to chairs.  I tried it on my (again) cheap IKEA buffet, then the candle on my $7.50 brass candleabra (see previous blog). 

Let's see how many ways and places I can think to use this in, oh, two minutes.  A bed post, a door handle, a cabinet handle, a chandelier, a lamp base, a wall sconce, a shower curtain rod, a towel rod.  (Oh, my goodness, now I have another idea for the same thing with a cedar sachet to hang on a closet rod, but I digress) 


What can you suggest?  Walk around your place and look for something, anything you can loop this little gadget around and comment here.  We could have some real fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...