The rules of reality say the Bumble Bee shouldn't be able to fly...some rules were meant to be broken.

Friday, November 19, 2010

More Ideas With Recycled Books

The brain never stops and the ideas keep coming.




I visited Mystic Paper with my sister-in-law yesterday and they have soooooooooo much stuff.  I'm sure I could spend a whole day there if I had it to spend.  But, we had to hop across the street to the antique store before she had to leave so my time was limited.

All that "stuff" gave me a whole new crop of ideas for these books I've been playing with.  How about picture frames?  I have hard plastic trading card sleeves that I found on ebay for my ATC art, and I thought "hey, I can use those to hold a photo inside a book." (Yes, I actually said that to myself).  The question was, how do I decorate the book and allow for it to be opened and closed again so the photo could be inserted.

Mystic Paper had the answer.  I was introduced to Hitch Fasteners from Idea-ology.  These are what you might finding holding your daughters diary closed.  I picked up a packet of 12 and promptly had to try them out.  4 book photo frames later, I have worked through the how-to's. 

I made two books that have ribbon hangers and two without.  Granted, these unique picture frames will stand up on a table or shelf unassisted, but I will be making a trip back to the paper store to look for a small hanger that can be attached to the back of the book so that the frame has more flexibility for display.

The trading card sleeve holds a card or picture up to 2.75 x 3.75 inches, so I am cutting the frame openings 2.5 x 3.5.  Speaking of cutting, forget this utility knife stuff.  Ouch!  I've been going to bed with cramped hands.  I stopped by Lowe's to pick up a new Dremel tool.

I burned my old Dremel tool out out years ago helping my son create his Starship Enterprise Derby car, which, I must say, one first place for design and managed to pull off a few race wins as well.  But, I digress.

Tonight I plan on playing with the Dremel to see how the cover and page cutting goes.  I expect a lot of trial and error so I'm sure there will be at least one book in the trash can.

Time to create a youtube video for these and write and e-book.  Just more "work" taking the time away from the creativity.  We must do what me must do.

PS.  I've been pulling apart my "mistakes" to salvage the hard cardboard covers and the pages.  You never know when something will come in handy.

"Bryndal, why are you chasing your tail?  You're going to make yourself dizzy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...