The rules of reality say the Bumble Bee shouldn't be able to fly...some rules were meant to be broken.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Creative Books

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?!  Everything old is new again.   Reduce, reuse, recycle.


Enough of the sayings, let's get to the "doings".  Books!   Books are a great adventure to be sure.  But when the adventure is complete, and the book is old, and the library gets cleaned out the books can end up in the dump or they can be refurbished into something fun and beautiful.

Art and decor doesn't have to be limited to the traditional.  Spread your "decor" wings and consider something different.  The creative term for it is "Altered Art".  It's not limited to books but this is one of the  major players.

My exploration started with a few books I picked up at the thrift store.  Combined with heavy scrapbook paper in coordination prints, some trims, ribbons, cut-outs and whatever, you can create a truly unique conversation piece.  After I finished "Chrysalis" my daughter stopped in her tracks and mid-sentence said, "wow, that's really nice".

To me, one of the best compliments I can receive on my art is one that doesn't have to be requested.



"Bryndal, get out from under the chair!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...