The rules of reality say the Bumble Bee shouldn't be able to fly...some rules were meant to be broken.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparations

It's Thanksgiving day. I am thankful that I never really learned how to cook. I am thankful that my family has come to understand this fact and therefore doesn't ask for much in the way of cooking. I've burned water, yes, seriously. I was so distracted from the cooking task at hand that I forgot the pot of water was on the stove. It boiled away to nothing and then burnt the pan beyond use.

In addition, I was the one who left the burn ring from the hot popcorn pan on my mothers formica counter top. And yes, I did leave the bag of giblets (whatever that is, kind of a silly word, "giblets") inside the turkey the one time I tried to prepare a Thanksgiving dinner.

Since the day is packed with other things to do, I will just give you a little teaser to get your curiosity peaked. Two old books and an atrocious '80's necklace that I found at the local Goodwill store. Now, I would like to apologize to anyone who actually wore this kind of necklace. We all suffered from some sort of 80's syndrome (mine was "big hair").

Back to the teaser at hand...the medallion on the necklace is what sparked my creativity. I new there was something very traditional and classy I could create out of this. I pulled the necklace apart and ended up with a lot of nice individual pieces I think I will be able to use, though not necessarily on this project.

Watch for the outcome soon!

Happy Thanksgiving, and don't burn anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...