The rules of reality say the Bumble Bee shouldn't be able to fly...some rules were meant to be broken.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Time To Recover and Re-roof.

Sometimes things are made right but after use and time parts wear out and repairs must be made.  Then again, sometimes things are just done completely wrong from the start and you put up with the stares and the laughs and the embarassment until you just can't take it any more.

The first is me.  I was wonderful and beautifully made by God.  But with time and use some of my parts have expended themselves beyond the point of usefullness.  Recently, my not really needed parts also came under fire from themselves.  As a result...a pretty major surgery, 4 days in the hospital and an extensive recovery at home.  Yes, it was the big "H", and even though I was told how long it would take to recover I knew I was stronger and it wouldn't be nearly that long.  Yeah, right!

The second is our roof.  As a teenager I assisted my parents and siblings in re-roofing the ole' homestead with a new layer of shingles.  Dad handed us a hammer and some nails and showed us how to roof a house.  I'm ashamed to admit that we have lived in this house 2 years and I had never seen the roof until we had wind damage from a recent storm and we were getting an assessment from our friendly neighborhood roofer.

You have got to be KIDDING!  Who in the world put this roof on?!



So.  As I sit here recuperating I get to observe and catalog a few exterior improvements that will make a huge improvement to the integrity and appearance of the house.

The next big project, calling the local water company to tell them what idiots they are because they suggest we neighbors get together and pay someone to come out and fix their broken irrigation system.  You have got to be KIDDING!  What numb-skulls are running the water comany?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...